Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Who Says?

I'll admit I wasn't jumping off the walls when I found out that Selena Gomez was coming out with a new single. I feel like I'm growing out of the Disney faze. A lot. Because I'm more into artists who aren't Disney? Right now, Taylor Swift and Jordan Pruitt are my favorite artists. If you don't know me, you wouldn't know that they are the two artists who I have been a fan of the LONGEST and they are the only ones who have remained throughout all my growing up. Pruitt's "Outside Looking In" was my "life song", so-to-speak, during the difficult healing process of my being bullied. I can still quote lyrics from the song and I wish it had gained more popularity.

But Selena Gomez isn't just 'Disney'. She's talented with real opinion, and that's what makes her one of my favorite Disney stars. Because she's real. She hides a lot, I'm sure, just to keep what's personal personal, but also have that connection with her fanbase. I think she handles herself very well. I haven't listened to every song on her album, A Year Without Rain, merely because I'm outgrowing that faze and my music-listening time is devoted to artists who are in the current related to what I'm going through in life. Ghost Of You and  A Year Without Rain are the songs I enjoy listening to and are on my iTunes. I don't know have much money right now, but if I had more, Who Says, would be purchased.

Who says you're not perfect. Who says you're not worth it. Who says you're the only one that's hurting. Trust me, that's the price of beauty. Who says you're not beautiful. Who says? 

It's such a funny thing how nothing's funny when it's you. You tell me what you mean, but they can whiten out the truth. It's like a work of art that never gets to see the light.... I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me. You've got every right to a beautiful life.


Listen to me, who says you don't pass the test? Who says you can't be the best? Will you tell me who said that?


THAT is why I like Selena and that is why I'm still a small Disney fan. Just because it's songs like that can touch your heart. Like Greyson Chance's Waiting Outside The Lines, Danny Gokey's I Will Not Say Goodbye, or Carrie Underwood's Mama's Song. Taylor Swift has her whole array.

The genre doesn't matter. When you find a song that speaks to your heart, it doesn't matter who sings it or what label they're signed to. All that matters is that song is for you. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment