Friday, February 25, 2011

You,

with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me
You, have knocked me off my feet again, got me feeling like a nothing
You, with your voices like nails on a chalkboard calling me out when I'm wounded
You, pickin' on the weaker man.

Well you can take me down with just one single blow
But you don't know what you don't do

Someday I'll be living in a big old city
But all you're ever gonna be is mean
Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me
But all you're ever gonna be is mean
Why you gotta be so mean?

You, with your switching side and your wildfire lies and your humiliation
You, have pointed out my flaws again as if I don't already see them
I walk with my head down trying to block you out 'cause I never impress you
I, just wanna feel ok again
I bet you got pushed around,
Someday made you cold
But the cycle ends right now 'cause  you can't lead me down that road
and you don't know what you don't know.

All you are is mean.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Powerful lyrics.

    How many of us have either been mean or been on the receiving end of meanness?

    ReplyDelete